Subject: Re: [Leica] Film loading on M3 (...6)
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 1998 15:52:15 +0200

At 12:53 07.06.1998 +0200, Sander van Hulsenbeek wrote:
<<< I am now back to a M6HM. I have - this may invite ridicule, I know -
some difficulties with film loading. >>>

No matter, which M version you select, film loading is absolutely
easy:

All M versions allow the opening of the back, so you have complete
control on film, sprocket holes, and film position.

For loading any M version, you either clip the end of the film into
the free spool under the advance lever (M2 or M3) or press the film
into the slit of that spool (M4 to M6-0.85).

The only difference: In M2 and M3, you can take the spools out of the
camera (and loose them :); in M4 to M6-0.85, the spools are attached
or fixed to the bodies .

Transport the film with open back of the camera, till the film
corresponds to both sprocket holes.

That's it.

Alf

Alfred Breull