Subject: Re: [Leica] noctilux ...canada or germany ??
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 1998 07:59:42 -0500

At 01:48 PM 6/7/98 +0100, you wrote:

>The Noctilux, M-90/2 (until now),
>M-21/2,8 (before Asph.) and R-180/3,4 Apo
>were never made in Solms.
>(Maybe you have a proof that I don't have...)

All R lenses were moved to Solms that are Leica made lenses, no? And ELCA
was sold a while back to Hughes. I thought they stopped even most M
manufacture there.

>Now with the lighter 75/1,4, 21/2,8 Asph.
>M-90/2 Apo-Asph and R-180/2,8 Apo made in Germany,
>what will happen to our poor orphan Noctilux ??

I heard from a source at the last Photokina, or the one before, that in the
'98 Photokina they were going to introduce a new Noctilux formula. Not just
the cosmetic change of recent years.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO