Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Nomenclature
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@Newbridge.COM>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 12:48:10 -0400

Dan Cardish wrote:

> I'm still looking for an explanation of what the word "APO" means.   And
> not a technical one about variable indices of refraction, etc.
>
> Dan C.

APO is not a word unto itself.  It's the first syllable of the
word "apochromatic", and is used a a contraction.  The reason
you get technical definitions of the full word when you ask for
the meaning, is that the meaning is precisely that technical
one being given.  The word "APO" has no meaning except for
the meaning it shares with its parent word "apochromatic".

Are you sure your question is being framed precisely enough to
elicit a satisfactory answer?

Paul Chefurka