Subject: Re: [Leica] LUG -- what's the point?
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 1998 17:13:37 -0400

One of the phenomenal resources that I've discovered via the LUG are the
recommendations for a number of eminently qualified Leica repair people.
One does not need to incur the extra expense and added time of sending
equipment to Leica for repair or servicing. It's worth the wasted
bandwidth for the depth of knowledge available here. Take advantage of
it as you need it.

Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@readersdigest.com wrote:

> No doubt numerous LUGgers will sympathize with your frustration over the
> volume of seemingly non-Leica inanities. But one thing easily leads to
> another and, the human mind being what it is, people can and do talk about
> nearly anything given the opportunity.
> Re: rangefinder alignment - my advice is to leave this alone. You don't fix
> your own mechanical Swiss watch, do you? Your own personal computer?
> Probably not. Repairing Leicas is best left to those who have factory-issue
> tools and have been trained by Wetzlar or Solms.
> Sure, plenty of folks fix their automobiles, but those things are mere
> transportation: a well-tuned Leica is your ticket to another dimension.
> Happy LUG reading!

- --
Carl Socolow

Sometimes the wrong thing is exactly the thing you should do.