Subject: Re: [Leica] Leicaflex & Leica R8. HELP!
From: Mark Kronquist <mak@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 19:29:20 +0000

Buy the 3 CAM not third cam lenses and you will have (with a few exceptions)
a set that will give you useability with almost all functions from a
Leicaflex to R8. Cams are domaflotchies that communicate exposure
information to the metering system. Leica/Leitz has like most other mfrs
changed the system as new technology and demands on the metering system have
changed and evolved. Of course current Leica lenses are Third Cam only for
the most part...and most still lack ROMs

FYI I think R8's are ghastly...but that is my opinion