Subject: RE: [Leica] Powerful image
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 20:12:06 -0500

At 09:11 AM 6/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>of photos taken by Bill Burke as part of the Kentucky bicentennial
>documentary project. I wouldn't call the photos technically outstanding. In
>fact, some are downright underexposed, poorly presented. But they are
>POWERFUL photos that take you directly into the lives of the people being

There's a book "Powerful Days" on one photographer's coverage of the Civil
Rights movement in the U.S. in the 60s. Anyone familiar with pictures from
that era will recognize many of his pictures that have become icons of that
struggle. That is one powerful set of pictures. Charles Moore is a superb
photographer, and he used Leicas.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Ever wonder how the guy that drives the snowplow gets to work in the
morning?