Subject: Re: [Leica] Black and White
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 06:21:58 +0000

>Just feeling nostalgic and wanted to join the growing club.
SNIP>
>Gary

Most of my best B&W pics were taken with the Leica and I do my B&W printing
in my makeshift bathroom at night.  Many of my prints are already in
various magazines.  I do not get paid for them but it feels good to have my
pics in print.  My greatest moment was when LHSA accepted my print in their
recent Viewfinder.

B&W is a very creative medium and I think that although the leica lenses
are all excellent optics, the older lenses seem to bring out B&W images
better.  I sometimes use an uncoated preWW2 lens just to achieve that
nostalgic era-like effect.

I started using VC papers only about a year ago and it has added more fun
and impetus to my darkroom activity.  Although the Apo-Rodagon is my
workhorse lens, I also like using my leitz 50 Elmar (DOOGS) as well. It has
a character of its own.

Dan CC Khong.