Subject: Re: [Leica] Terribly Off-Topic (and some Leica stuff)
From: Paul Chefurka <pchefurk@Newbridge.COM>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 1998 09:01:52 -0400

Paul and Paula Butzi wrote:

> And if we wanted to read the sort of off-topic stuff we've been getting
> on this list lately, we'd all subscribe to the single-malt scotch collectors
> and drinker's list.

I've noticed that the off-topic threads may go on for a dozen messages
or so. Given the daily traffic on the list, that doesn't seem like an
unbearable burden.  Also, it seems that many of the regulars here are
well on their way to becoming actual friends.  Finding out what peoples'
interests are (outside of the one we already know we all share) seems
a good way to foster that, provided it doesn't overrun the stated
purpose of the list.

Now, on to things Leicish.  My new and much loved M3 has a problem.
The focus at infinity is perfect, but as I focus closer, the actual
point of focus falls further and further behind the intended point of
focus (verified by photographing a tape measure).  This happens with
both the 50's I have as well as the 90, so it seems to me to be a
problem with the rangefinder mechanics in the camera body.  I'm sending
the camera to Reinhold Mueller for repairs, but is there anyone here
who could give me a clue as to what might be going on mechanically?

Paul Chefurka