Subject: [Leica] Leica = Heliopan filters?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:39:00 +0200

On 01-06-1998 04:56 Eric Welch wrote:

>Heliopan is about as good as it gets. I had one on my 180 Elmarit some
>years ago (I don't use any filter on it now) and it was great.

I think this question was raised last year, but who actually makes the
Leica filters? Is it Leica itself or Heliopan or B+W?
Is there any practical or optical difference between Leica and B+W
(Schneider) filters? Are those filters single or multicoated, and is
there any noticeable difference between the two versions if available?

BTW: I have never seen Heliopan branded filters in Belgium. The most
commonly available filters over here are single coated B+W filters. Many
dealers do not even know that there are multicoated B+W filters.

Thanks.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch