Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: AJSymi@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 12:09:09 EDT

<< > Absolutely!!  After spending multi-thousands, I'll defend her 'til death
do us
 > part!!

Danny Gonzalez Wrote:

 Of course that kind of loyalty also says something about your love of the R8
design and
 it's good that the camera's inspired such loyalty in you. Mind expounding on
that?

Danny:

I was referring to Leicas in general.  If your friends and family associate
you with photography and your inseperable tendencies to your M6, it might
sound romantic to be burried with it!!  An expensive proposition for your
heirs??

I have an M system.  I used to have the R4s.  Later this year, I'll hope to go
for the R8.  I like manual focus cameras, and I don't like to be encumbered by
too much equipment.  I have handled the R8 and find that it fits well in my
hands and I like the location of all the knobs and dials (personally, I feel
the same, ergonomically speaking, of the 1n).  I have had good luck with
Leicas over the years, and find their offerings simple and straight forward.
Plus, I really want the 100F2.8apo macro lens!!

Best,

Arturo