Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 09:47:07 EDT

<<  Aren't we old enough to have an educated discussion about the R8 design,
with
 attention paid to its attributes and faults, without degenerating into a
gaggle of infants?

Danny makes a very good point.  One would hope that Leica owners are able to
accept that some people (who are Leica users) do not love everything about the
M and R camera systems.  I like many things about my M system, but I recognize
that there are things that I think should be better.  Someone else is bound to
disagree with my assessment.  This does not make either of us evil or scum.
It just means we disagree.  Hopefully we can disagree intelligently and will
good will instead of petty name calling.

I happen to not like the design of the R8.  To me it lacks flexibility and
features and it not comfortable for me.  I prefer to use Canon and Contax SLR
systems.  I certainly understand that for others, the R8 is just right.....

Tom Shea