Subject: Re: [Leica] Eric / Marvin / Tak & Leica Condoms
From: pheyman <cyberdog@planetinternet.be>
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 15:05:04 +0200

On 26-05-1998 01:41 Leikon35 wrote:

> One thing that does seem a little funny to me is the use of Leica gadgets
> in Japan ie: Leica cuff-links, watches, tie clips, hand bags and condoms*
> in various focal length.  This would seem  to be the epitome of elitism.

Marvin,

this is not just the privilege of the Japanese :-)
Many Leica Collection items are quite useful, and only for indoor use, so
you could hardly suggest they are epitome of elitism (like coffee mugs,
magnifying glass etc.).
Moreover, take the silk tie (in R8 fashion): this is a very nice tie
without anything even remotely suggesting this is a Leica item (the only
such label is on the back of the tie).
Of course, this can not be said of some other items like the belt
suspenders...
:-)

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch