Subject: Re: [Leica] Superb Leica R8
From: "Ron K. Miller" <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 21:17:43 -0700

On 30 May 1998 12:01:00 EDT, Arturo wrote

<The quest for perfection and quality is insatiable!  I too am guilty of
it (I
once thought that the movement on the aperture ring on my new M50f2.0
could be
smoother!!  Imagine that!! :)

Cheers

Arturo>

Hi Arturo:

I've been following this thread for awhile and could not resist chiming
in to agree with you. I too noticed with some surprise on the rather
awkward movement when turning the aperture ring on my new 35mmf2.0. And
i'm not even hooked yet to the Leica obsession ... maybe I am (a bit)
since I did get the M6.  My surprise comes from years of using the
manual lenses of the Canon AE1.  The aperture ring of my 55mm f1.2
definitely clicks more smoothly...actually glides into notches.  I don't
mind the difference. I have a lot more adjusting to do with the double
image viewfinder!! ** JUST MAKE PHOTOS AND BE HAPPY **

Cheers,

rkm