Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #88
From: TEAShea@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 12:02:56 EDT

In a message dated 5/30/98 10:14:09 AM EST, dcardish@microtec.net writes:
<<  No, a true photographer takes photographs.  A machanic appreciates fine
tools.

Aw, down to the meat of the matter.....  I agree with the general statement.
A photographer (only) does not need to care about how a camera looks - only
that it works.  However, there is nothing wrong with being a photographer and
a mechanic (or collector or a person who appreciates aesthetics or good
design).

We (maybe I am the only one) are fortunate to have the Leica system  - which
fulfills both issues.  Wonderful to use and wonderful to collect and
appreciate (from a mechanic's viewpoint).

Tom Shea