Subject: Re: [Leica] ZOOAN
From: Bruce Feist <bfeist@flock.org>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 11:56:44 -0400

Hi, Marc et al;

One difference is that I'm using a IIIc and a screw-mount Viso II, not an M system.  Presumably that doesn't matter, though.  I hope.  The OUBLIO is definitely an OUBLIO; it is so engraved.  So, I think that the ZOOAN isn't a ZOOAN; 49mm is too long.

I measure the IIIc at 29mm thick; going out to the end of the Viso I'm at 70mm; to the end of the OUBLIO is 90mm, and to the end of the not-ZOOAN is about 138mm, and to the end of Hektor is 170mm (this is to the physical front of the lens; the frontmost element is recessed by a few mm).

When measuring a lens, how far should I measure?  To the front of the front element, or is there something else?

Bruce