Subject: Re: [Leica] soft release?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:00:15 -0700

At 08:50 AM 5/29/98 -0500, you wrote:
>dont bother - they get i the way and trip the shutter too easily in the
>bag..
>
>--steven blutter--

I guess everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Fortunately, the
majority of people who try the "soft release" would rather fight than
switch back. It doesn't take much intelligence to not take many photographs
of the inside of your camera bag. The camera usually isn't yoyo'ed in and
out of the bag for every photograph. It stays out for a long while. When
it's time to pack it in... take the last photograph and stow the camera.
How difficult is this? If you can remember to set your speed to "B", then
you can re-train yourself to not have the camera cocked. I never set my
camera on "B". Because it's not cocked when I put it away. This isn't
rocket science.

Jim