Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 design, Erwins design review
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 21:48:55 +0200

On 28-05-1998 23:41 Larry Kopitnik wrote:

>Two words I could not apply to the R8's design are "ergonomic" and
>"attractive". But those same two words are ones I'd attach to an M6 in a
>second.

Here I do not agree with you Larry and all those who are bashing the
camera's look and ergonomics. For me at least, the R8 is a fantastic
device both in functions, handling and exterior aspects. The camera just
inspires confidence by the way it is built.
The body is a beauty to see, and I was immediately hooked after comparing
an R8 and F5 next to one another. Handling is excellent if you have large
hands, or more to the point, large fingers.
The only drawback I see is the right hand strap attachment. The strap
always seems to come in your way when pushing the shutter release button.

Great camera, great ergonomics (every function where it should belong),
and great design. Keep up the good work Leica!

Pascal

Macintosh PowerBook G3 - it eats Pentium notebooks for lunch