Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 design
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 09:43:47 +0100

oh hell, I thought this list is located in Palo Alto, not in germany
(where sooner or later you always have to declare your general
meanings)! So then, just to put it clear:

- - I didn't said a thing about the technically capabilities of the R8
  (indeed I find it advantegeous to all other previous R).
- - I didn't said nor meant I choose a camera by it's looks only.
- - I didn't throw out my R bodies/lenses

Upon reading Erwins praise of the R8 design I simply expressed feelings
I had when I first saw the R8 and played with it. I must say I was
really shocked to see Leica letting out this beast.
The simplicity of the SL/SL2 was part of their charme (e.g. speeds,
crank and release inkorporated in one knob). You know - form follows
function. The R8 feels ergonomics but it's overall body form is form
without function. Shouldn't one like the camera one uses?

(Alex, 'Kieselstein' is - I guess a pebble? and 'grobschlaechtig' means
uncouth?)

Christian (Amateur: not so important)