Subject: [Leica] Ernst Hartmann on the Leicaflex SL
From: "Patrick G. Sobalvarro" <pgs@sobalvarro.org>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 00:17:16 -0700

I took my Leicaflex SL over to K&S today to have the shutter tested by
Mr. Ernst Hartmann,  the top service person at Leica USA.  There was a
gentleman in line before me who had an R6, and Mr. Hartmann surprised me
by being, well, effusive over the SL (and he does not strike me as a man
who is often effusive).  He said that it was simply the best SLR Leica
ever made.  The fellow who'd been in line before me asked whether that
distinction didn't rightly belong to the SL2, and Mr. Hartmann disagreed
- -- he said that the SL2 had more features, but he preferred the
construction of the SL.  He said it was "a German tank."  He said that
he owns one, that he loves to use it, and his wife also uses it.

I had been thinking of taking my R6's over to be tested tomorrow, but
I'd be kind of embarassed now...

- -Patrick