Subject: Re: [Leica]plutocrats
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 18:37:06 -0500

At 01:45 AM 5/28/98 +0800, you wrote:

>By the way I keep hearing of this PDN survey result that Leica is the 3rd
>biggest 35mm brand amongst pros: I seem to recall the survey was a long
>time ago (1980s) and anyway is a bit like saying Dr Peppers is 3rd after
>Coke and Pepsi...

It was in the 90s. Canon had already taken a big chunk out of Nikon with
the EOS series and had firmly established itself. Behind those two, Leica
is in pretty good company. And people seem to think that Leica is in last
place among pros. It's simply not true, and that's why I keep bringing up
the PDN survey. Considering Leica and Contax are the only companies to have
30 plus per cent increase in camera sales in the U.S. a couple years ago, I
guess their position could have only gotten better in relation to other
companies.
- --
=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.