Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: a 16 yr old Leica M user
From: Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:35:43 -0400 (EDT)

On 27-May-98 James Burris wrote:
> Michael,
>
>       So what do those friends say when they see the end result - the pictures
> that your antique produces!  You're fortunate to 'understand' at such a
> young age.  I went through years of system switching and thousands of
> dollars before I clued in!
>

> James
They are always impressed by the image quality but many fall back on saying the
japanese lens are better, I usually respond by saying "if you say so" I think
this is something each person must learn on their own instead of being told.  I
think my understanding stems from the fact that when i wanted to buy a new
automatic camera my father forced me to learn what I was doing with his
nikormat.  I then got a new autoeverything Nikon, then I was given my M3 from
my fathers aunt and immediately fell in love.  Probabbly gonna sell all my
Nikon stuff as soon as school is over and use the money to by an M lens, 50
summicron or 35 summilux with goggles I think.

- --
Michael Garmisa <kilemall@shell.excelsior.net>  ICQ# 11583837
http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/      27-May-98 17:29:05
PGP key at: http://shell.excelsior.net/~kilemall/kilemall.asc