Subject: RE: [Leica] Scotch trolling
From: srlondon@ibm.net
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:22 -0400

Henri Cartier-Bresson might not agree (as abstaining from alcohol was part of his photographic regimen), but I have found out purely by accident that one drink (only) actually steadies my hands by a stop or two  in terms of slowest handholdable shutter speed.  I found this out purely by accident, as after a drink one night, some lovely fog rolled in, and I decided to go for a walk with my M6 and 50 Summilux.  I'm sure that a few more would negate any positive effects (and probably get drool all over your precious Leica), so nobody should get any ideas about downing an entire bottle of scotch to sharpen up on their technique.