Subject: Re: [Leica] Unfettered truth
From: "Bryan Willman" <bryanwi@seanet.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 10:26:42 -0700

There is good news and bad news.

The good news is that you need only the gear
that you will actually use and get along with.

The other good news is that for an M camera, there
is only so much of this stuff.  You can feel you
have all the lenses you could want with at most
4 or 5, and as few as 1.   (Compared to an
EOS system where it's no trick at all to have
move than 10.)

The bad news is that *some* new gear *will*
let you make different/better/new/more interesting
pictures.  It's a fact, the 75f1.4 does change you
picture making, probably for the better.

The other bad news is that Gear Mania Addiction
is a powerful syndrome present in many many
activities.

I have a friend (who sometimes posts here)
who has tried to make rules like "make at least
one exposure every day" or "make one print
you could try to sell in gallery each month".
This seems to help divert one from pinning
away for new gear all the time.
(but I'm told it doesn't count if I don't actually
 print the negatives.  I claim the little 4x6 prints
 from the lab do count.  debate continues...)

bmw