Subject: [Leica] New Minilux Zoom
From: "Sam Shoshan" <shoshan1@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 21:33:06 -0400

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD88ED.DF265560

 Hi Everyone,
The following is a memo from Leica USA to the dealers.
I hope this information is helpful
Sam Shoshan
Classic Connection LLC

 Memo : New Minilux Zoom

We are pleased to announce the introduction of our latest top of the line
compact camera:
the Minilux Zoom and its accessory flash, theCF.

The camera is  best distinguished by its features:

The Lens

A newly calculated, powerful zoom lens, the Leica Vario-Elmar
35-70/f3.5-6.5 is the highest speed zoom lens we have ever designed for a
compact camera.  It is a LEica calculation from our top designer,Lothar
Kolsh.

The Design

The minilux zoom has the same basic body as the minilux.  We succeeded in
optimizing this excellent design!!  In order to the camera a new look
(which is immediately  Noticeable in showcases), the minlux zoom does not
have the leather covering that the minlux has.  This makes the camera
appear smaller, more rounded, and more elegant.

The New Dial

We were also able to make another user friendly adjustment.  The dial of
the minilux zoom has been fitted with a "click stop" between the AF and
manual focus settings.  This will help eliminate any accidental switching.

The external flash
An alternative to the built-in flash is the opportunity to connect the
external flash unit, the new Leica CF.  This connection allows the flash
unitto virtually eliminate the red-eye effect and to optimally illuminate
objects which are further away.  The CF has a guide number of 20, is
optimally coordinated with the camera, and is integrated with the automatic
control upon connection.  When the CF is connected  to the minilux zoom,
the automatic internal flash is turned off.

The minilux zoom is compatible with all previous minilux accessories
(diopters, etc)

Prices:
#018-036  Minilux Zoom        $895
#018-037  Minilux Zoom DB   $995
#018-541  CF Flash               $125
#018-513  Soft leather case    $ 45
#018-532  Lens cap               $ 19

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD88ED.DF265560

following is a memo from Leica USA to the dealers.<br>I hope this =
introduction of our latest top of the line compact camera:<br>the =
Vario-Elmar 35-70/f3.5-6.5 is the highest speed zoom lens we have ever =
designed for a compact camera. &nbsp;It is a LEica calculation from our =
zoom has the same basic body as the minilux. &nbsp;We succeeded in =
optimizing this excellent design!! &nbsp;In order to the camera a new =
look (which is immediately &nbsp;Noticeable in showcases), the minlux =
zoom does not have the leather covering that the minlux has. &nbsp;This =
makes the camera appear smaller, more rounded, and more =
another user friendly adjustment. &nbsp;The dial of the minilux zoom has =
been fitted with a &quot;click stop&quot; between the AF and manual =
focus settings. &nbsp;This will help eliminate any accidental =
built-in flash is the opportunity to connect the external flash unit, =
the new Leica CF. &nbsp;This connection allows the flash unitto =
virtually eliminate the red-eye effect and to optimally illuminate =
objects which are further away. &nbsp;The CF has a guide number of 20, =
is optimally coordinated with the camera, and is integrated with the =
automatic control upon connection. &nbsp;When the CF is connected =
&nbsp;to the minilux zoom, the automatic internal flash is turned =
off.<br><br>The minilux zoom is compatible with all previous minilux =
Zoom &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$895<br>#018-037 =
&nbsp;Minilux Zoom DB &nbsp;&nbsp;$995<br>#018-541 &nbsp;CF Flash =
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&=
nbsp;&nbsp;$125<br>#018-513 &nbsp;Soft leather case &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;$ =
45<br>#018-532 &nbsp;Lens cap =