Subject: Re: [Leica] wide-angle lens choice
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@READERSDIGEST.COM
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 10:53:18 -0400

If you can live without a light meter, and like a compact rig, go for the
old 21/3.4. If you need metering and don't mind a bulky lens, get the
latest 21/2.8 ASPH.
But I vote for the current 28/2.8 - a wonderful lens with nearly no
distortion and wide enough at least 80% of the time, in my experience.
Don't be convinced automatically by those who say it's too close to the
35mm  - it is really in another league. Plus, a good size and no finder
hassles.
I found the 24mm (being in-between the two) to be a compromise and I sold
mine after a few months.