Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V3 #78
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 13:56:33 +0100

>Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net> wrote:
>If you think about the fact that Leica will still repair equipment 30 >years old and older, where Nikon and Canon won't touch some items as
>young as 10 years old, it is one heck of a value.

Yes, Harrison,
and I think this is one of the most important reason to use Leicas which
is not mentioned in Leica Ads (don't know why).
BUT - will there be support for 40 year old R8? I guess it is something
different to repair all mechanical cameras or electronics. In 40 years
or less the electronic spareparts will be aged too.

Christian