Subject: Re: [Leica] Focusing lag time with Leicas
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 22:43:17 -0500

At 07:27 PM 5/23/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Do you mean, if the model is centrally located in the frame, to
>compose the way I want the image, then focus on whatever is in
>the center, then shoot?

No. Use their collar, or navel, or ankle, or a rock next to them, or
whatever is the same distance as their eye. Be as close to focused whenever
you are waiting, so when the time comes to focus, it's just a tweak. Not
racking from min. focus because you were aimlessly playing with the lens'
focusing ring while waiting for something to happen. I do it all the time,
and it's annoying.
- --

=========

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO

After all is said and done, usually more is said.