Subject: [Leica] 40 Leicas & 1 "Mavica" 40-400 Zoom
From: Leikon35 <Leikon35@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 23:11:47 EDT

In a message dated mm/23/98 7:05 PM Pacific,segawa@netone.com writes:
> All they want are nice clear snapshots from a compact and
>  fuss-free camera, and digital doesn't deliver right now.
Speaking only for myself, and I DO still own about 40 Leicas; I find that I
really
don't want any more paper photos in albums or on walls but prefer to see them
as slide shows or individually on my 20" computer monitor. The lens used on
my non-Leica is equivalent to a 4 to 40 inch zoom at f:1.8 to f:3.0 (actually
is
.4 to 4.0 inch).  It has built in flash, is auto focus down to 1 inch and uses
the
regular 1.4 floppy discs ($.50ea) for about 20-40 pics, depending on
resolution.

Since it uses the JPEG format, it takes only a minute to flip the floppy in
your
PC & have it on your screen or on the web. The whole camera cost less then
one Leica lens & Leica lens quality is not neccessary for monitor screens ----
but this digital camera only supplants & doesn't replace the "M" or "R" Leica,
and I think that digital won't ever replace film in my lifetime.

Marvin "Mavica" Moss