Subject: Re: Re: [Leica] Black vs. Chrome vs.Titanium percentages--Results
From: Paul and Paula Butzi <butzi@halcyon.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 10:22:42 -0700

(Please forgive me.  I'm tired, and when I went to put milk
in my morning coffee, it was sour.  I'm in a grumpy mood.)

I had thought that there was nothing that could possibly be
more mindless than the brouhaha about the red dot.

I was wrong.  The ongoing litany of "I've got one chrome, two black"
is definitely more mindless.

Here's an idea.  If you're going to post what sort of equipment
you own, you must also post how many photographs you made
with it in the past seven days.  Equipment that has not been
used to expose at least a dozen frames of film in that preceding
week may not be mentioned.  If you want to be really adventurous,
you could actually mention what sort of photographs you made -
e.g. "I own one black finish M6, which I used in the past week
to make a series of photographs of a school play, as well as other
miscellaneous photographs, including (but not limited to)
photographs of a  large display of about 40 different rice
cookers, a store clerk wrapping  my new rice cooker
in gift wrap, assorted photographs of my family,
and a very nice photograph of the inside of
my camera bag (compliments of Tom A's prototype soft release :-).
A total of about 400 frames were exposed in the
past seven days.  The series of school play photographs ended
up being a set of 12 matted 11x14 prints and served as the
production photos displayed in the lobby before/after each
performance.  (Said series was made with the generous
assistance of two other LUG readers).  All of the theater
photography was on TMZ.  Everything else was TMY."

Now, wouldn't that be a whole lot more interesting than
"one black m6"?

Obligatory comment on camera finishes:

according to "Leica Fotographie International" Feb '97,
on page 45, "1989: To commemorate the 150th anniversary of
photography and the 75th anniversary of Leica photography,
a very special edition limited to 1250 Leica M6 cameras
is produced with a luxurious platinum finish and a special
engraving."

- -Paul