Subject: [Leica] Re: M 135mm, 180mm ...
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 13:31:40 +-200

The Idea of a 180mm lens with goggles sounds great. However,
the focussing accuracy necessary for a 135 f/2.8, and I suppose
the present goggles provide just this accuracy, would allow only a
180mm f/5 or a 200mm f/6.3, thus very slow lenses. Does anyone
have a spec, how accurate the viewfinder really is?

Another nice thing someone has mentioned earlier is a teleconverter.
For travel photography, I always prefer compact and lightweight
equipment, and this is why we use the M Leica. It is nice to have the
135mm focal length, but the tele-elmarit (old and new version) is a
heavy piece of glass (550g). A small and lightweight 1.5x teleconverter
that makes a 135 f/4.2 from the 90 f/2.8 would be the gimmick I am
missing in the M system. To make it compact, it doesn't even need
it's own goggles.

Gerd