Subject: Re: [Leica] Focus screens 101
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:59:55 -0600

It's been awhile since I've had an R4s, but I recall the stock screen being
fairly good--given the camera's heritage, maybe it could've  been an
Accu-Matte. I do use and recommend Beattie screens, and find that, with some
of these bright screens, the split-image spot really isn't necessary, as the
image visibly "pops" into focus. I like gridlines, which are a handy means
of ensuring no unwanted convergences or strange perspective, and if you're
using a wideangle, will make you much more aware of camera positioning. But
I dunno if I'd spend a lot of money on replacing what you've got, since it
isn't too bad to begin with!

Jeff