Subject: Re: [Leica] Recommended books
From: Paul and Paula Butzi <butzi@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 09:13:56 -0700

At 08:20 AM 5/22/98 , you wrote:
>I have access to a fine arts library with a very nice collection of books of
>photography.  While I realize it is a very broad request, could anyone
>recommend particularly notable collections of B&W photographs, particularly
>of urban venues.  Our collection seems to have peaked in the 70s and 80s,
>although there are more recent additions.
>
>Thanks for any help.

Others will presumably cover the street photography angle.

Check out Ray McSavaney's 'Explorations' for some beautiful
B&W urban landscape work.  I don't know if this is what you're
looking for in 'urban venues' or not, but the photographs are
beautiful (although doubtless in some cases the subject matter
is not, at least at first glance).

- -Paul