Subject: [Leica] Leica AF
From: AJSymi <AJSymi@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 01:06:28 EDT

Eric Welch recently commented on the fact that Leica has not done AF yet
simply because they want to do it "right."  Any ideas, Eric, what that might
be??  Are there more ways than two to do it (lens moving or film back moving)?
If I were a Contax user, I would have been delighted to see that I could still
use all my lenses and still get AF.  If Leica did AF, I don't see how they
could forsake all the R users out there and ask them to replace their lenses.
And Leica, I think, is too small of a company to have more than the two
existing lens lines.   Any thoughts??

Cheers

Arturo