Subject: Re: [Leica] HP Photosmart Scanner
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 18:55:34 -0400

At 06:19 PM 21-05-98 -0300, you wrote:
[snip]

>I also have the Photosmart scanner, but was tired of having to adjust the
>crop marks to do full frame scans.  The scans were also a little low in
>contrast and poor in shadow detail.  I just got the Canon and it seems to
>be scanning the slides a little too dark if you do not adjust for each
>scan.  It does negatives fine, but I don't use colour negative film.
>
>Robert Stevens

Vuesmart remembers what your last scan parameters were, so you don't
necessarily have to reset the crop marks.  In theory, if you have enough
memory, you can use vuesmart to scan an entire 5 image negative strip
(perhaps even longer) at 2400 dpi, then split up the frames in photoshop.
I scan strips like this at lower resolutions in order to make contact
prints.  Works great, I can scan all 7 strips and have them pasted together
in photoshop in about 5 minutes.

Dan C.