Subject: [Leica] Stylus Photo
From: jpphoto@hci.net (John S Payne)
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 23:45:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
I thought I would add my thoughts on this thread as I have purchased a
Stylus photo printer.  I can sum it up by saying the prints look terrific
but it goes through ink like crazy and the ink cartridges are expensive,
like printing cibachrome, you have to carefully choose before making a
print.  Granted you may retouch in photoshop, but my ink costs are over
2.00 per sheet plus the cost of glossy heavy weight paper, and they don't
have the lasting quality of b/w paper.  If you need to manipulate the
images regularly then the costs may be worthwhile, if not, I wouls stay in
the darkroom and save lots of money