Subject: [Leica] Street Shootin'
From: Charles <chaslor@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 98 19:32:10 -0400

Being relatively new to the Leica way and as a lurker to the LUG for
several weeks I thought I'd speak out and share my experience. I've been
a professional advertising photographer for a good many years and own the
obligitory Nikon, Hasselblad, and Sinar systems. However, something was
missing. I needed a "snaphot" camera. Something I could live with, not
separate from my body. The M6 with a 35 Summilux. Ideal. I went on an
assignment in Central America and took advantage of the opportunity to
spend a couple of weeks on my own to help me "see". I schlepped all this
stuff around all these countries for several weeks and found out one
thing. All I needed was my Leica. Not for my assignment mind you, the
Nikon system was a godsend. But the personal work! Wow! Increasingly, I
left the Hasselblad and the Nikons in the hotels and walked with just the
one body and lens. I swear it redefined the way I see and work. Fantastic
shots. The ability to become invisible. Shooting handheld at 1/8 @ 1.4
was thrilling. My "snapshot" camera became a way of life. I'm hooked and
want more. No offense, but all this tech talk is not for me. I'd like to
hear more people's shooting experiences. The Leica rangefinder is a way
of seeing. It's kind of freeing, if you know what I mean. The line
between "personal and professional" work grows blurrier every time I pick
up my M6. See ya.......

Charles