Subject: Re: [Leica] Lenses: Black or Chrome?
From: Richard DeLuca <odyssey@spectra.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 17:21:54 -0400

Tom Shea said:

>12 black lenses
>4 chrome lenses
>
>I think black lenses look fine on a chrome body, but don't like chrome lenses
>on a black body.  Of course, this does not have anything to do with
>photography but it is an issue with camera collecting.  (I engage in both,
>rather unrelated, hobbies.

Tom,

I find that interesting, as I feel just the opposite.  My most "handsome"
combination is a chrome 50mm DR Summicron and my black M6.  BTW, my
collectible Leicas are occasionally used, although I'm VERY careful with
them:  two M3s, one 111C, plus the M6.  The M3s are my favorites, and would
be my choice for everyday use.

Best,
Rich