Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Discount for LUGers
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 13:48:27 -0400

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the idea. It's interesting to note the
disparity in the number of M3s sold v. the number of M6s sold in apx. The
same number of years. The M was always expensive, but Leitz has essentially
priced the Ms out of the market for all but a handful of working pros and
hobbyists with bucks to burn. I know, for instance, that back around the
time of the M5 National Geographic stopped paying for Leica equipment for
staffers. Up to that point they would basically buy the staffers what ever
it was they shot with...But there comes a point of no return in terms of the
price/quality ratio. I'll bet that with a group this size, with the
purchasing power it appears to have and the Leicaolism many of the members
clearly have, something could be worked out.