Subject: Re: [Leica] Who modifies gear (in the USA)?
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@READERSDIGEST.COM
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:41:52 -0400

I believe there is actually no duty charged on 35mm photographic goods
crossing the US-Canada border -- only taxes. A simple way to reduce these
to nil is to ship always by FedEx - I've found they have a superb record of
getting things in and out without hassle. Sure, they cost a bit more. UPS,
in my experience, always hits you with extra charges after the fact. The
post office is somewhere in between these two.