Subject: Re: [Leica] 50/1.4 R - new & unnoticed
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:47:19 +0200

John McLeod wrote:

>If I recall, I don't think there has been one message or
>inquiry about the new 50/1.4 R lens.
>Everyone wants to talk about the new 180, which is
apparently superb, but the lowly 50 goes unnoticed.
>Is there anyone out there who awaits Erwin's test
>of the 50 as I do?

In my subjective opinion, I don't see why Leica is coming
with a new R-50/1,4 now, before other new lenses which are
much more in demand, like new R-21/2,8, R-24/2,8,
professional zoom like 20-35/2,8 etc..
And on top of that, I feel inconfortable with all
the Leica or Leica Fotografie reports about that lens.
When I compare with the 180/2,8 APO report, I don't
feel the same enthusiam about the increase of performance.
(Really a personnal and subjective opinion)
And more important, I don't see any progress in the
filter size increase = filter more expensive (Polarizer)
and no Elpro.

Lucien