Subject: Re: [Leica] Trip to US
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:56:01 -0700

Ferdinand,

All of the scenic features of the cities (I'm particularly familiar with
San Francisco) are large and usually distant. A 35mm lens will serve you
quite well. Yosemite is also v-e-r-y l-a-r-g-e. If you try and use lenses
wider than 35mm, the scenic features will be minuscule on the film. Even
though I usually carry a 15 and 24 in my kit, they are rarely used.

The weather here is breaking from bad to good. The rain ended this past
week and it should start to be nicer. It has been snowing in the Sierra
Nevada mountains up through the end of this week. The high country in
Yosemite will be closed but the valley should be fantastic. Lots of water,
wildflowers, green foliage, etc. Maybe even a dusting of snow on Half Dome
or El Capitan. Your lens selection (35, 50, & 90) should be wonderful.
Don't forget to bring the Velvia. Velvia does special things to high
altitude blue sky, green foliage, and granite rock. A polarizer really
helps in both SFO and Yosemite.

Have fun,

Jim