Subject: Re: [Leica] Sports with an M6-2nd opinion
From: BenTroGa <BenTroGa@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:44:58 EDT

I shot some collegiate basketball recently with the 135/4, 90/2, and 50/1.  I
have shot thousands of exposures with the R's and severalthings I realized
quickly using the M6. (1)The "exact moment" is more easily captured with the
M6 due to the confidence that one gets from the minimal delay between the
pushing of the shutter release and the actual shutter travel.  There is
essentially no delay with the M's compared to the R's (which have to take time
to get the mirror up.)  I know that   the experienced sports photographers
learn to anticipate that moment and fire accordingly, but for me it was simply
easier to not have to anticipate that instant.
(2)The viewfinder does not black out during exposure, and I am more sure of
the picture I captured than with the R's.
Finally, and most importantly, now that I have an R8 I do not have to say that
I miss the motor drive of the R when using the M, because there is still no
motor drive for the R8!
Bennett