Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Sports Close In (Rugby)
From: "Harrison McClary" <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 21:35:05 +0000

Chuck Albertson wrote:

>     Find out where the local rugby club plays its matches. If it's anything
> like the UW rugby team's games, you can probably watch from the sidelines.
> The throw-ins from the sideline are easy to shoot up close; I've been able
> to shoot with a wide-angle from right behind whoever is doing the toss. When
> the scrums move close to the sidelines, you can get some good shots with a
> 90mm. Resist the temptation to run out on the field and follow the action
> around.

And if you are invited to go to the party following the match...GO
NOONE PARTYS LIKE RUGBY PLAYERS DO!!! Just don't take your Leica as
it will likely get doused with beer.

The parties were what I liked most about playing Rugby in college.

Also the rugby guys (and girls, we had a girl rugby team at MTSU
also) love to have their photos taken as no one hardly ever does it.
Give them a few prints and they will likely make you one of
the team.
Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto