Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 f2.8 apo/Astia
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 17:21:54 -0700

Astia ROCKS with Leica glass......I use Astia almost exclusively now for my
model work.  The only other film I use significantly is E100S, but Astia beats
it hands down.  I only use the E100S when a model has very light, pale skin
because the E100S gives her a bit more color (a simulated tan) while the
Astia accurately reproduces her skin as pale.

At 10:38 AM 5/16/98 -0400, Thomas J. Donovan wrote:
>Ted Grant,
>
>I just wanted to add, after shooting a variety of slides ( Kodak/Fuji),
>that Leica's
>180 f2.8 apo/Astia would make the perfect combo for portrait/fashion work.
>
>It's more that this combo's slides yields: a.) exquisite detail in textures
>b.) hues
>are beautifully differentiated. c.) Very pure whites.
>
>Leica glass/Astia has now replaced Leica glass/K25 as my optimal combo.
>
>Tom D.

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com