Subject: [Leica] Re: What's the truth about the ROM ?
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 20:42:55 +0200

On 15-05-1998 21:51 Lucien wrote:

>What is the original text in the German Leica Fotographie ?
>(translated in English, if possible)
>Because I still don't understand why there are so many contact
>on the ROM only for zooming the flash head.
>And if it interact with the exposure: how ?

Here it goes:
"Selbstverst=E4ndlich ist das neue Apo-Objektiv mit einer elektronischen
Kontaktleiste zur Daten=FCbertragung und dem elektronischem
Belichtungsabgleich mit der Leica R8 ausger=FCstet."

Translation:
"Of course, the new Apo Lens has an electronic ROM strip for tranfer of
data and an electronic exposure correction with the R8."

So, the French translation is 100% correct, but the English version of
LFI combines both parts into one general statement ("communicate with the
camera, e.g. exposure metering"), and so appears to be somewhat less
clear than the German or French version.

Lucien, I don't think you should be looking for "ghosts". There is
nothing new here that is not already in the R8 owner's manual.

Pascal

t h i n k   d i f f e r e n t               a p p l e    c o m p u t e r