Subject: Re: [Leica] 35mm 1.4 Aspherical Comparison:
From: LEICAMAN56 <LEICAMAN56@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 00:59:25 EDT

Ted,

I would concur with your assessment of the 35/1.4 ASPH.  As I use the 35mm
focal length more than any other, I was really interested in getting the best
lens possible in this focal length.  I briefly considered the first version
aspherical, but the price was way too high.  Then the second version came out,
and its price was at least within reach.  I've been using this lens on a
regular basis for about two years, and it's performance has been stunning.  My
Dad, who started me on Leicas 30 years ago, saw the superior image quality
right away and asked "what lens took these shots?".  Others notice the
difference, in both prints and chromes.  I've owned and used just about every
35 Leica has ever made, and this lens is simply head and shoulders above the
rest.  Tom A. calls this a milestone lens, and I couldn't agree more.

Bill Rosauer