Subject: Re: [Leica] Deleting LUG mails
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@vaggeryd.mail.telia.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 21:18:09 +0200

> Fr=E5n: George Huczek
> Perhaps it may sound like heresy to some, but why not have three
lists -- a
> LeicaM list, a LeicaR list, and a LeicaMR list for those who are
interested
> in both M and R systems.  There are some subscribers who may be only
> interested in one system.  Canon has an EOS list and an FD list, for
> instance, and it seems to work quite well in keeping the lists
smaller and
> more subject specific.

- -----------------
I'm not sure I agree with that idea, George.  It would certainly make
them subject specific.  I couldn't explain why, but it's my feeling
that it would kill off-topic threads.  I'm not a hardware man, and I
must have the oddest and most illogical Leica system that anybody has
ever put together.  Despite reading the technical hardware threads on
the LUG, I have never felt the curiosity to find out what a double
helical back exposure floating shutter speed is.  I love photography
because it is connected with life, or at least a slice of it.  To an
equipment oriented list, even from a leica perspective, life,  would be
off-topic. =20

Certainly the subject header is the easiest way to go.  But we have
that system already and folk are complaining.  Maybe cut out the poetry
and be specific.

Gee Whiz.  I seem to be standing on a soapbox a lot lately. =20

Alan Hull