Subject: Re: [Leica] tripods was RRS QR plate
From: jay coleman <jcoleman@interport.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:53:53 +0000

Yes. I have used, and own, Benbo tripods.  I like them a lot.  They are
not perfect:  they are realativly heavy and have a relatively low
maximum height.  They also take some getting used to in order to set
them up.  But, the built-in "boom" center column is great; you can get
the camera out and over things in a way that cannot be done with a
regular tripod.  They are also very good for shots close to the ground.
I suspect they are best for nature photography although I have used them
for portraits (camera over the lying down subject) in the absence of a
studio camera stand or boom attachment.

I hope this helps.

Jay Coleman