Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P
From: David Scott <xcodyx@tiac.net>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 17:14:58 -0400

Francesco,
Yes, the frames in the M4-P are the same as those in the M6.  However the
28mm frameline in either goes right to the very edges of the viewfinder and
you would be guessing composition somewhat using a 24mm without a separate
finder.  With regard to your questions about flash.  I have been using two
sunpack units, a 383 in the shoe of the camera when I have to have
additional light and no time to mess around with lighting, and a 120J on a
stand with a quantum radio slave 4i.  The advantage to the sunpack unit for
me is that it swivels and tilts, allowing me to bounce easier and more
effectively when I'm shooting verticals.  This would obviously not be an
asset shooting on the beach.  Using the 120J with only the quantum
transmitter mounted on the camera is a great way to use flash with the M
cameras.  The transmitter is only a few ounces and does not interfere with
the viewfinder.  If your models stay in pretty much the same area, and don't
bounce all over the beach durring a shoot it might be worth some
consideration.  The Quantum-Q flash that Donal mentioned is very similar to,
and a bit more powerful than the Sunpack 120J.

Best,
Dave Scott