Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica is Listening!
From: Peter Goldberg <peterg@martinhamblin.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 11:54:09 -0400

Alan Hull wrote:

> > Fr=E5n: AJSymi
> > I would love to see Leica re-introduce the "Safari" finish.
>
> -----------
> Whatever for?  As a disguise it doesn't work.  I always have a good gig=
gle
> when I see those army General types at a press conferences dressed in
> jungle greens.  I always think how the organisers of the conference are=
 so
> inconsiderate not to surround them with potted plants to make them feel
> comfortable.   But then I suppose its really up to the Generals to outf=
it
> themselves according to the office decor.  Maybe arrive dressed up as a
> filing cabinet perhaps.
>
> The M6, as a street camera decked in jungle livery would be equally
> conspicuous.  My suggestion would be for Leica to introduce an M6 disgu=
ised
> as an ice cream cone.  The cherry on top being of course a red dot.  Bu=
> then one would have to carry around a pocket full of coins to hand to t=
he
> street urchins to get them to shove off and buy their own ice cream.
>
> Alan Hull

  I wonder if beneath the calm surface (hah !) of the LUG lurks a Leica
Resistance
Front - Popular or otherwise, that postulates and advocates an internatio=
nal
campaign of psychological terror by quietly customising Leicas and then
surreptiously appearing in public with them at certain key events - LHSA
meetings,
Schools & fora (pl.forum ?)  What fun.

Peterg